Monday, November 10, 2008

Dear China,

I'm sorry I snooped in your room. I'm sorry I read your diary. I'm seriously the biggest jerk ever and obviously not very respectful of boundaries. I can't believe I even did that.

But for the record, it was years ago and I was in a period of my life where I felt very alone and isolated and you were this big question mark to me and I wanted to know who you were, really. Not what people said about you or what you looked like from the outside. But the inner workings of your mind.

I guess I was just really lonely and wanted to connect. Pathetic, I know.

The thing is, I didn't do it to judge you. The truth is that there was nothing that you could have written about yourself that would have made me think you were weird. I mean, I was quite aware that weirdo-status had already been reserved by yours truly by stooping to snooping level to make a friend.

I'm really embarrassed. I promise I would never do that these days. Really, I'm all growed up.

I hope you got over your eating disorder and your fear that boys would never like you. You did not have fat thighs. And I hope you know that that one guy really is a jerk and you're lucky you never dated him. And no, you're not going to die lonely and you most definitely will live an interesting life.

Sorry again.

Love,

Angie

No comments: