Friday, October 17, 2008

Dear Lazy Bone,

We have known each other for many years now. I have sought refuge in your comforting ways. You have always been welcome in every aspect of my life, from school to work and even showering at times. You have been a trusty friend and confidant, and I am grateful.

But I think it's time to part ways. My house is dirty, my homework is piling up, I haven't returned calls, I need to shower, and my husband is wondering what's going on. I haven't really told him about you, and I think it's a better idea to just cut this thing off before he finds out. He really thinks doing the laundry is hard work, so in the laundry I hide you. But he's starting to get suspicious.

Believe me. This is hard for me also. I really don't even know how to be without you by my side. What will my house look like? What will people think of me? Will I have less cavities?

Only time will tell. But you'll be fine. I know there are plenty of people in this world that will welcome you into their lives.

Thanks for the memories.

Love,

Angie

No comments: